Mā te rongo, ka mōhio, mā te mōhio, ka mārama, Mā te mārama, ka mātau, mā te mātau, ka ora
From listening comes knowledge, from knowledge comes understanding, From understanding comes wisdom, from wisdom comes well-being
Mālō e lelei, Talofa lava, Kia orana, Malo ni, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Ni sa bula vinaka, Fakatalofa atu, Kam na mauri, Noaˈia ˈe mḁuri, Halo, Tēnā koutou, warm Pacific greetings.
- Are you a social work practitioner with connection to Pacific communities who is wanting a change?
- Do you want to grow your skill set and challenge yourself in a new direction?
- Would you like to build you understanding of central government and how it works?
The Registration Advisor: Pacific will help SWRB to connect with Pacific Social Workers, Pacific service providers, community groups and organisations to assist with the development of sustainable relationships and partnerships with our Pacific communities.
This will be achieved by supporting experienced social workers, from the NGO sector, to become registered. The Registration Advisor: Pacific will support the day to day operation of the SWRB registration processes with a focus on the registration of social workers in the NGO sector and assessment the more complex applications through the experience pathway. You will be working as part of the Registration Team to provide a Pacific lens and social work practice advice to the team while processing your own case load.
You will be the face and voice of registration for those wanting to register from the NGO sector through participating in our Information Campaign activities and supporting NGO Social Workers to complete their applications.
Experience in working from a Pacific perspective to establish effective relationships and support for and with Pacific communities. As a Registration Advisor: Pacific you will have a passion for developing partnerships with the diverse Pacific communities and experience bringing a Pacific approach to influence change.
A passion for working in a Pacific environment is essential. You have a strong understanding of Pacific people, social work and community.
We are seeking someone who is committed to helping us to achieve our aspiration to support and encourage professionalism in social work sector through tools of our legislation and to support the engagement with our Pacific communities. This could also be a great secondment opportunity to support your professional development.
You will bring with you:
- Your experience in becoming a Pacific Registered Social Worker
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working as a social work practitioner
- Experience in providing great customer service
- Strong general computer skills, including sound database systems, spreadsheet, and office package skills
- Experience working collegially in a team environment
- Proven discretion, tact, and diplomacy in dealing with confidential and/or personal work-related information.
To apply, or to obtain a detailed position description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4 December 2020