The Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB) is seeking expressions of interest for a contract for service to provide competence assessments, based in Wellington. The position could either be a contract for service or an agreed contract position. This unique role, with a focus on the assessment of initial and recertification competence submissions, will also advise registered social workers and those applying for registration on competence related matters, and assist the SWRB with advising on social work practice.
The role reports directly to the Principal Advisor (Social Work Practice).
The skills and experience sought are:
- a New Zealand fully registered social worker with a minimum of four years recent social work practice experience;
- an in depth understanding of social work theory and practice;
- an understanding of the role of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in social work practice and the process by which social workers maintain and develop their knowledge and skills through CPD;
- previous experience in assessment an advantage;
- the ability to relate positively and communicate effectively with social workers from a wide range of disciplines;
- the ability to work independently, and co-operatively;
- excellent verbal, written and IT skills;
- a commitment to professionalism and to effectively managing a case load;
- an understanding of Te Ao Maori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and methods and models of Maori and Pacifica social work approaches.
The competence assessment processes currently applied by the Board will be changing once the Social Workers Registration Legislation Bill has been passed. The term of this position is for the duration of the Bill as it progresses through Parliament (to be determined but likely to be at least 3-4 months). The volume of assessments is likely to require up to 15hrs work per week, and will involve direct liaison with the Principal Advisor (Social Work Practice) on a weekly basis.
It would be an advantage to hold ANZASW membership.
This is a contract position, managed through a Contract for Service. A copy of the Brief can be supplied upon request. To submit an expression of interest please provide your current Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter outlining your background and interest.
All applications must be submitted via email, to: email@example.com by 27 May 2018.