As a Registered Social Worker you must have a current Annual Practising Certificate to work as a social worker. The SWRB’s practising year runs from 1 July through to 30 June of each year. Your Annual Practising Certificate therefore expires on 30 June of each year. It is your responsibility to renew your practising certificate. Make sure you give yourself enough time to update any details and pay the renewal fee.
All Registered Social Workers engaged in social work decision-making at any level must have an Annual Practising Certificate. Click on the Do I need an APC? button on the right to find out if you need one.
You can renew your Annual Practising Certificate online below
Go to your account
This process will allow you to pay using your credit card or internet banking, or you can request an invoice for you or your employer. Before requesting an invoice for your employer you should confirm that your employer has agreed to pay your APC fee.
Points to Note if you wish to renew your Annual Practising Certificate (APC):
- Renewal of your APC is dependent upon you holding a valid competence certificate including having successfully completed relevant CPD (Continuing Professional Development) activities. (Further information on the competence Recertification Programme is available on our website)
- If there are conditions on your current APC then you must fulfil or comply with the conditions included on your new APC.
- If your APC application is received after 1 July 2017 it will still have an expiry date of either 30 June 2018 or the date at which your competence certificate expires. APCs cannot be dated beyond 30 June 2018.
- There are no pro rata payments for APCs. Part time social workers do not qualify for a reduction in fees.
- You will not be issued an APC if you have any outstanding fines, costs or expenses with the Social Workers Disciplinary Tribunal or the Social Workers Registration Board.
What you’ll need
- Your registration number
- Your email address that we sent the renewal information to
- Your credit card (if this is how you want to pay)
- Your internet banking login and password (if this is how you want to pay)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive the information we sent you in May on how to renew online.
When you log in for the first time, you will activate your account and enter a password. We will send an email telling you how to do this after you have click on the Renew now button and started the process.
If you don’t get your Annual Practising Certificate and APC ID card within two weeks of completing this online form, please call us on 0508 797 269 or email us at email@example.com.